Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Shaping My Outer Amazon Goddess

So I started doing P90X last week and absolutely love it!!! A friend introduced me to the program and after seeing the results she's had with it I decided to give it a go. By the way, have you seen all those "Before and After" pictures on the web? Well, they're all real (unfortunately for you, I will not be posting those pictures of myself here - oh don't worry you'll get over it :)).

Anyway, I'm into my second week and I already feel stronger than before.  Of course, I want to clarify that P90X is not necessarily a beginner's exercise program.  I kickbox, but my schedule doesn't allow me to get to the gym as much as I'd like and kickboxing can get pretty expensive so P90X is a great alternative.  I've heard stories from others who have given up on the program because it was too intense. It is a very intense program that requires a huge time committment as some of the workouts can run up to 90 minutes and you have to do it 6 days per week.  However, if you set a reasonable goal for yourself you can do it - anyone can do it.

My goal is to make a complete lifestyle change by eating healthy and exercising more. Actually, here are a couple of youtube videos from Coach Barbie that inspire me:






So, I feel like a bit of a cheat for not posting pictures of my transformation, but I'll get over it. Heck, you may have your own pictures to post soon (more power to you). On second thought, I'll probably come back and post some pictures in the future - of course, I'd love to show off my results :))

No comments:

Post a Comment